Zakhar is a robotics UX project. The main aim is to decrease the anxiety of users interacting with a robot.
To achieve this the robot uses life concepts for its program architecture: instincts, emotions, ego, etc.
Assumed: the humans can interact the most effective and seamless with other living creatures
Suggested: to develop a robot’s program structure in the way when basics of its logic are understandable from the robot’s behavior. The behavior should mimic the animal one (as the human is an animal too).
Suggested to split the program into three parts:
Conscious represents simple intentions: move forward, sleep, run away, search something, etc.
Unconscious is responsible to solve how to realize those intentions: what to do for moving, how to behave if looking something etc.
Reflexes are small algorithms that can monopolize Unconscious from Conscious in some very explicit situations. E.g. panic and fear if something breaking, convulsions if robot stuck and can’t move as the conscious tells.
An article with detailed explanations and a demonstration:
More articles #
- 2020/05/29 - Robot with the Conscious: Imitating animal behavior for reducing user’s anxiety - technical_
- 2019/06/01 - Zakhar’s Concept – technical_
- 2019/05/05 - Zakhar relaunch: Zakha_ros – technical_
- 2019/01/10 - Zakhar the Robot – technical_
Zakhar consists of 4 systems:
- IO (In/Out)
- Diagnostics and Development
Each system consists of units - standalone devices capable of working into a common communication network. Each unit is a part of some system. Read more about Zakhar Systems
There are two types of milestones, with and without demonstration. Demonstrations intended to show important to the project features followed by an article, milestones without demonstrations mainly focused on technical part of the project
- ✅ Reptile Demo - implementing of a simple reptile instinct
- ✅ Zakharos - moving the core to the ROS
- 🟧 ZakharCAN - Replace I2C with CAN bus protocol. Construction and stability improvements.
- ⬜ Emotions Demo - emotions and reflexes
- ⬜ ZakhaR.Giskard (Note: R.Giskard is a robot from novels by I.Asimov which could control human’s emotions) - Further development of using conditioned and unconditioned responses
- ⬜ Animal Demo - showing the robot to users and collecting responses for making conclusions of this iteration
This work is licensed under the terms of the GPLv3 license.
For a copy, see: LICENSE
If you will decide to support me, you can send some pretty words on my email or just use the link
Any amount will motivate me to develop the project. Thanks in advance!